Some investors today are mystified by the way the market moves. It is no longer a strategy of checking traditional indicators and making traditional moves for success. In today’s interconnected world of investors there are other and newer methods to identify top performing stocks and stocks that will perform well on any given day. The market has changed, and to stay ahead of the curve it is necessary to throw out some of the old and adopt some of the new.
Social sentiment plays an important role in determining market changes. Especially during the internet and instant investing age. Looking at top trending stocks for any given day can give you a market edge. At the very least, let you know which stocks to add to your watchlist to monitor trends.
Several websites track online sentiment to determine trending stocks. Through an analysis of frequency and comment data it is possible to gauge trader sentiment. It is in no way scientific, but it does give an idea as to how the retail investment crowd feels about a particular stock.
If there is more positive commentary, retail investors are bullish on the stock.
If there is more negative commentary, retail investors are bearish on the stock.
This list shows the top 10 trending stocks that people are currently talking about the most online. Also, keep in mind that trending stocks and investor sentiment can rapidly change. This list was compiled at 10:00pm ET on March 7th and could be a leading/lagging indicator of stocks to watch on March 8th.
Adding these to a watchlist is a way to monitor how much online sentiment aligns with actual market performance.
Top 10 Trending Stocks (March 7th @10pm ET)
|SPY||SPDR S&P 500||🟢 Bullish|
|XOM||Exxon Mobil||🟢 Bullish|
- Investors are currently bullish on 7, Neutral on 1 and Bearish on 2 trending stocks.
- US Senate passes Biden’s $1.9 trillion relief package, which includes $1,400 stimulus checks and other economic windfalls.
- GME maintains its position as the number 1 most talked about stock, and PLTR number 2
- Investors have become more bullish on TSLA, from neutral at the end of last week.
- AMC reports earning on Wednesday this week. Investors hope to see news on reopening plans for the next quarter. Investors remain bullish.
- Investors are bullish on SPY this week, usually indicating an overall positive day for the market.
- XOM has entered the top trending stocks fro tomorrow, as investors anticipate a rise in the cost of oil. Other oil stocks are expected to rise this week.
- RKT outlook is still bullish after a tremendous pop in share price last week.
- NOK and BB have come back into favor with online investors and is trending again. Both stocks rose to 52 weeks highs during GameStop’s rise. Investors hope to recapture those highs.
- DIS announced last week that it will be permanently closing 20% of their retail stores and expanding their online presence. Investors are bullish on the news of a focus in online sales versus brick and mortar sales.
Which Stocks are Gaining Momentum?
|GNOG||Golden Nugget||🟢 Bullish|
|ASO||Academy Sports||🟢 Bullish|
|POWW||AMMO Inc.||🟢 Bullish|
|MRO||Marathon Oil||🟢 Bullish|
- Investors are hopeful for a comeback in casino stocks like GNOG and DKNG.
- Retailers like ASO and POWW are trending from stimulus news and a springtime increase in outdoor gear sales.
- Investors believe that oil stocks like MRO, BP and XOM will have a good week on re-opening and stimulus news.
This is not investment advice. There is no magical formula to determine if a stock is going up or down. There are indicators and other tools that investors can use at their own disposal to make their own decision on an investment. The best advice is to do your own research on a particular stock and make the judgement for yourself if you would like to invest. This website takes no responsibility for any potential gains or loses.