Some investors today are mystified by the way the market moves. It is no longer a strategy of checking traditional indicators and making traditional moves for success. In today’s interconnected world of investors there are other and newer methods to identify top performing stocks and stocks that will perform well on any given day. The market has changed, and to stay ahead of the curve it is necessary to throw out some of the old and adopt some of the new.
Social sentiment plays an important role in determining market changes. Especially during the internet and instant investing age. Looking at top trending stocks for any given day can give you a market edge. At the very least, let you know which stocks to add to your watchlist to monitor trends.
Several websites track online sentiment to determine trending stocks. Through an analysis of frequency and comment data it is possible to gauge trader sentiment. It is in no way scientific, but it does give an idea as to how the retail investment crowd feels about a particular stock.
If there is more positive commentary, retail investors are bullish on the stock.
If there is more negative commentary, retail investors are bearish on the stock.
This list shows the top 10 trending stocks that people are currently talking about the most online. Also, keep in mind that trending stocks and investor sentiment can rapidly change. This list was compiled at 10:00pm ET on March 4th and could be a leading/lagging indicator of stocks to watch on March 5th.
Adding these to a watchlist is a way to monitor how much online sentiment aligns with actual market performance.
Top 10 Trending Stocks (March 4th @10pm ET)
|SPY||SPDR S&P 500||🔴 Bearish|
|ASO||Academy Sports||🟢 Bullish|
- Investors are currently bullish on 7, Neutral on 1 and Bearish on 2 trending stocks.
- GME remains the most talked about stock and had a solid 6.5% move up today.
- PLTR continues to gain more social commentary and is generating more online discussion.
- After an incredible run up, investors are feeling bearish on RKT. Rocket was down another 4% today.
- When the online sentiment for SPY is bearish it usually means that some trending stocks or meme stocks move up while the market trends down.
- SKT dropped in overall online chatter, but investors are still generally bullish.
- AMD joins the top 10 socially trending stocks as it moved below the 200 day moving average and investors see an opportunity to buy the dip.
- SLGG has dropped out of favor as shares climbed higher for the last two days. This stock may see a pullback tomorrow.
- ASO joins the top 10 trending stocks due to high short interest. Online investors believe a squeeze may be coming. This has a strong bullish uptrend in the short term.
- Notable mention SENS has been moving down in price and dropped by more than 15% after reporting a loss in their earnings report. Online sentiment is bullish as investors see an opportunity to buy in at a low price.
- Pre-market was mixed this morning with most of the previously listed stocks trending down.
- CCL was up a little over 5% after pre-market today. Travel related stocks may see a coming windfall.
This is not investment advice. There is no magical formula to determine if a stock is going up or down. There are indicators and other tools that investors can use at their own disposal to make their own decision on an investment. The best advice is to do your own research on a particular stock and make the judgement for yourself if you would like to invest. This website takes no responsibility for any potential gains or loses.