Several websites track online sentiment to determine trending stocks. Through an analysis of frequency and comment data it is possible to gauge trader sentiment. It is in no way scientific, but it does give an idea as to how the retail investment crowd feels about a particular stock.
If there is more positive commentary, retail investors are bullish on the stock.
If there is more negative commentary, retail investors are bearish on the stock.
This list shows the top 10 trending stocks that people are currently talking about the most online. Also, keep in mind that trending stocks and investor sentiment can rapidly change. This list was compiled at 10:00pm ET on March 3rd and could be a leading/lagging indicator of stocks to watch for March 4th.
Adding these to a watchlist is a way to monitor how much online sentiment aligns with actual market performance.
Top 10 Trending Stocks (March 3rd @10pm ET)
|SPY||SPDR S&P 500||🔴 Bearish|
|SLGG||Super League||🟢 Bullish|
|SOS||SOS Limited||🟢 Bullish|
- Investors are currently bullish on 7, Neutral on 1 and Bearish on 2 trending stocks.
- GME moves back into the top position as investors are still expecting a short squeeze.
- RKT ran out of fuel today and was down nearly 33% in normal trading hours. Although the majority of investors are bearish on the stock now, it still has a lot of traction with the bullish crowd.
- PLTR was down almost 4% today, but investors are still bullish overall and waiting for a good price to buy the dip.
- Investors are neutral on TSLA right now, it was down almost 5% today.
- SKT was up about 9% today on reopening news and is strongly trending online.
- AMC dropped several positions and is loosing momentum.
- SLGG moved into the top list today on a new $6 price target. After hours the stock price reached $6.98. This stock has been rapidly gaining momentum and social steam.
- NIO and SOS are still trending stocks and maintain a strong following online.
Pre-Market Trending Movers
- KMPH made big moves during the pre-market session today after announcing that the FDA had approved the application for their new ADHD medication. Some price targets are as high as $38.
- UWMC jumped pre-market after announcing the would be listed on the Russel.
This is not investment advice. There is no magical formula to determine if a stock is going up or down. There are indicators and other tools that investors can use at their own disposal to make their own decision on an investment. The best advice is to do your own research on a particular stock and make the judgement for yourself if you would like to invest. This website takes no responsibility for any potential gains or loses.